In the current Release 11.5 of dataglobal’s CS software, dataglobal has again expanded the functional scope of its WebClient to include numerous innovative collaborative features.
“Our strategic goal in this huge developmental step was to seamlessly integrate the productivity advantages of Office programs with smart features for the DMS and workflow environment in one application”, says Wolfgang Munz, CEO at dataglobal.
Smart Office Integration
The new “Create and Open in Office” feature allows users to create new Office documents such as e-files within hierarchical structures at any point, and to open and immediately edit previously archived documents within Word, Excel or PowerPoint.
Users can concentrate on the task at hand and remain within the WebClient for all essential steps. This means that users can optimally leverage the familiar advantages of Office, the popular suite, and, for instance, use Word to create and edit texts.
As a result, dataglobal significantly increases user productivity because it completely removes the need to switch between different applications or download documents as email attachments to edit or share.
What’s more, dataglobal combines these advantages in the WebClient with powerful document management, workflow, and archiving features
In the dataglobal WebClient, users already use functions, such as documents check-in and check-out, versioning or dg note for quick notes using templates.
With the latest release, 11.5., the dataglobal WebClient is now the definitive central platform for modern working practices and e-collaboration, particularly for smart editing and document sharing.
On top of increasing productivity, this powerful combination also considerably improves convenience.
Why this matters?
- Central access to the shared digital workplace for all authorized employees offers clear advantages for collaboration features from the areas of particularly compared with individual filing locations selected by each user. For example, project team members can find business-critical or project-related data immediately—and the data is not distributed in different locations in different editing states, as is so often the case
- The different editing states are visible to everyone and the most current version of each document is then edited
- Changes to documents are not lost. After being edited, a document is automatically saved upon closing
- Working smarter together: An open Office document cannot be simultaneously edited by other users. This prevents the contents from being overwritten by accident
- Continuous data growth requires intelligent methods when editing documents. State-of-the-art, decentralized organizations and remote employees must be able to access centrally saved documents and update their contents at any time, even when working remotely.
Write to us!
Use our contact form!
Request a demo!