Application Example: Document management in the digital workplace
Bernhard represents the majority of our typical customers. Using practical applications at the motorhome manufacturer that Bernhard manages, we demonstrate a variety of functions and uses of our dataglobal CS software.
Today, we take a look at production, which gives rise to any number of dockets, delivery notes, invoices and receipts.
Various people, departments and companies are involved in the production process, all of whom need to coordinate closely at different sites both internal and external to the company: purchasing / procurement, logistics, production planning, production management, human resources, quality management, IT and all sorts of suppliers.
For production to run smoothly, it must be ensured that all parts and components, of the right specification, are in the right place at the right time. It must also be possible to seamlessly trace who completed which work step when.
That can be done quite easily and reliably thanks to the digital docket in the electronic order file of the dataglobal CS software. It creates transparency in real time and can be viewed and worked on from everywhere.
In the shared digital workplace of the dataglobal CS software, everyone involved in the production process has access to all the relevant information through their electronic order file. Just like in a private cloud, required documents can be viewed, edited, shared and archived at any time from the desktop or remotely.
The electronic order file contains all construction data, schedules, task lists, approval processes, notification features, visualizations, protocols, item lists for purchasing/tendering, dockets, finance planning, production planning, internal and external correspondence (e.g., emails with suppliers), orders and invoices, and the central filing and legally compliant archiving of all documents.
Smart Office integration for productive processes
The “Create and Open in Office” feature allows users to create new Office documents such as e-files within hierarchical structures at any point, and to open and immediately edit previously archived documents within Word. When dockets are edited, the Word document associated with the respective motorhome is simply accessed through the dataglobal CS WebClient, and the editing steps are logged directly in Word.
This means that users can leverage the familiar advantages of Office, the extremely popular business software suite, and use Word to create and edit texts.
The benefits of Office integration in the digital workplace
- Central access to the shared digital workplace offers clear advantages for collaboration—especially when compared with individual filing locations selected by each user. For example, project team members can find business-critical or project-related data immediately—and the data is not distributed in various locations in different editing states, as is so often the case.
- The different editing states are visible to everyone, son only the most current version of each document is then edited.
- Changes to documents are not lost. After being edited, a document is automatically saved upon closing.
- Working smarter together: An open Office document cannot be simultaneously edited by other users. This prevents the content from being overwritten by accident.
- Continuous data growth requires state-of-the-art methods when editing documents. Organizations and remote employees must be able to access centrally saved documents and update content at any time, even when working remotely.
From drafting of technical specifications to completed development and to production planning, all those involved (whether in the factory, in the home office, at the service provider/supplier) have access to the information they require. Approval processes and tasks/timelines are transparent. At any time, technology, design, product management, quality management, and purchasing can check whether everything fits together by accurately reconciling data. Controlling or finance (but also sales and marketing) can intervene at an early stage if the development appears too expensive or does not reflect market demands and trends.
Summary: The electronic order file and Office integration make document management and collaboration in distributed teams more efficient and reliable. Problems can be detected early and efficiency increases.
Be like Bernhard and opt for the numerous advantages of state-of-the-art working practices with dataglobal CS. Talk to us and request your customized and free live demo today!
Inside Sales Manager
Write to us!
Use our contact form!
Request a demo!