Archiving systems in companies are often heterogenous and are based on different products and technologies. In the meantime, more and more challenges are emerging, which cannot be realized on such inhomogeneous storage environments at reasonable costs.
Thus, a modern Unified Archiving strategy is needed to cope with current and future challenges.
Unified Archiving is the basis for all efficient Compliance approaches. Compliance initiatives can be realized easily if contents, retention periods, retention rules and powerful research possibilities are centrally managed.
In combination with classification, Unified Information Archiving presents a new approach in central IT security concepts such as access rights control, Data Leakage Prevention and Desaster Recovery.
The Unified Archiving Backbone enables information to be made available for mobile devices in a secure manner.
Unified Archiving is a key aspect of modern cloud concepts. Cloud infrastructures benefit from the replacement of various information archiving islands with one central solution.
- Big Data
Unified Archiving combines unstructured information in a repository. The result is an optimal foundation for the link with other Big Data sources such as Social Media as well as a joint analysis.
These challenges cannot be mastered with fragmented archiving silos or they require disproportionate high expenses. Unified Archiving creates a central infratstructure for all archiving needs and thus replaces exisitng silos. That way, challenges can be transfomed into real chances for companies.
Advantages at one glance
dg hyparchive is the platform for the harmonization and consolidation of your systems for the long-term archiving of information.With dg hyparchive you can replace cost-intense archiving silos with an efficient platform and manage all criteria with central concepts.
- Single Instancing reduces storage demand and storage costs
Only a central system can detect whether data has already been stored to prevent duplicates – across all storage systems.
- Rendition Service and Access Management create long-term security
The Rendition Services creates copies in long-term formats such as PDF/A and TIFF. That way, users can also access securely to the contents, even is the application is no longer used. A central access management supports the handling of the user rights even if the archiving application is no longer active.
- Compliance is centrally managed
The central, automated and revision-proof archiving solution is the basis for an efficient Compliance strategy.
- Retention Management manages the information lifecycle
The archive monitors the retention periods of archived documents and support application systems that do not offer this function.
- Storage Service creates investment security
Storage technologies come and go. Due to the combination of universal migration functionalities, dg hyparchive enables long-term retetion functionalities at low costs.
- Efficient search functionalities create transparency
Efficient search functionalities for attributes or text content across the entire archive while taking into account the corresponding access rights makes the search for information easier. All documents from all archiving applications are researchable, from e-mails and files to SAP documents.
How it worksdg hyparchive replaces existing island archiving solutions with a central archiving infrastructure.
All information are managed in a central repository, which provides central and comprehensive services such as indexing, search, Single Instancing, Renditions, Retention Management and Legal Hold.
Unified Archiving leads to enormous synergies and cost advantages. dg hyparchive provides all services that are needed for the archiving process via comprehensive policies.
What is differentdg hyparchive is the only product that fully uses the principles of Unified Archiving.
- All information are managed in a central repositor which provides central services such as indexing, search, Single Instancing, Renditions, Retention Management or Legal Hold in a comprehensive and uniform way.
- Connectors for all relevant systems are availbabe that contain information that must be archived (e-mail, file system, SharePoint, DMS/ECM, ERP, CRM, production or manufacturing systems, Collaboration, Social Media ...)
- The different types of contents can be combined, classified according to busines rules and analyzed within the archive.
- The archiving process is an automated and transparent process according to consistent rules which are based on the business value of the information across all types of content.
- The archive does not depend on the life cycle of the subject storage hardware and its connected archiving systems.
dg hyparchive and its connectors is an overall and complete solution which offers a unique quality and variety of implementation. dg hparchive can be extended to a complete Unified Information Governance approach with the complementing modules dg analyze and dg classification.