NSI Präzisionsdrehteile GmbH in Lörrach produces high-precision turned parts to the highest standards and for a large number of industrial applications. Extensive know-how, the use of the latest technologies and certified quality management guarantee the high quality of the products. NSI produces ready-to-install turned parts that are individually and flexibly tailored to their customers’ needs and requirements.
NSI was looking for a reliable solution for business process automation in the area of contract processing, delivery schedule management and warehouse storage in the preliminary interim warehouse, and to ensure a smooth flow of information between the departments involved.
The introduction of dataglobal CS and web-based workflow solutions that are tailor-made for the requirements of the individual departments enable NSI staff to complete processes faster than they have done to date, and without time-wasting queries. Automatically generated documentation for following up all process steps will also be introduced as a further important component of the project.
Thanks to the permanent availability of all the key information, cooperation between several departments and individual members of staff can be made more efficient. Time-wasting queries and the need for clarification are avoided.
- A workflow for all departments involved for processing and releasing contracts with supply companies
- The new contract document is automatically included in the workflow, is processed and is then archived once processing is complete
- The departments involved supplement the contract document independently of each other by adding detailed information and comments
- Once all the departments involved have agreed, the initiator is automatically informed and decides whether the contract should be released
- A summary is automatically produced at the end of the workflow. The approval sequence is documented in a comprehensible way and is archived together with the contract process
Querying delivery schedules
At NSI Präzisionstechnik, different departments use the schedule query workflow to determine the planned delivery date.
- The new schedule query workflow makes it possible to answer customer inquiries about the likely delivery date for an order faster and more accurately than has been possible to date
- All the departments involved work with the new schedule query workflow in cooperation with the sales team to support a reliable forecast for the likely delivery date
- Central release and communication of the planned delivery date by the person responsible
- All production steps can clearly be seen in the workflow
- A separate document summarizes the individual steps and comments and is automatically archived together with the process
- The sales team has the latest information about the probable delivery date at all times
Preliminary interim warehouse
The developed app improves the organization of warehouse storage and replaces manual recording steps while eliminating incorrect bookings
- Barcodes are read in via a manual scanner and are automatically transferred to the preliminary interim warehouse app
- Any material that is removed is logged out from the stock
- Pack lists with information about the part number, storage site and piece number are automatically generated
- Automatically generated transaction list (logout document) is archived and can be retrieved on request
- Design and implementation of web-based solutions that are optimized for the requirements and improved collaboration between the different departments
- The solutions replace the supporting documents, process slips or manually produced issue dockets used to date
- Automatic documentation of the individual processing and release steps for examination purposes and retraceability
Sales, Production, Warehouse